The following list considers improvements or fixes that enhance existing features and procedures.
- New features
- For Cloud customers exclusively
Now, there is a new check-box available on Bizagi Studio’s advanced Business options. When enabled, users who match allocation preconditions (on the assignation method everyone) and take the ownership of an activity on their Work Portal, visualize the release button. When selected, the activity becomes unassigned and available for all users matching the allocation preconditions.
New option to set control editability in Actions and Validations: Default
Now, when working with Actions and Validations over grouping controls such as reusable forms or groups, it is possible to respect each control’s original editability setting, by selecting a new option: Default. Until now, when editability was set on true, all controls were set to editable even if their individual-control original setting was read-only.
Automatic rule validation
Now, when you close the expression editor, the expression validation runs automatically, letting you know if there are any issues in the entered code. Before this version, the validation was done on demand, when the Validate button was clicked.
- As soon as a Trial in SCS ends, the entire project is deleted. No metadata is kept.
- Administrator users now have restricted access to the processes that they can copy or revoke case permissions. The table to manage permissions now displays only the workflows where the logged in user has explicit permissions over. Until now, the copying or revoking of permissions didn’t take into account the logged user’s access permissions.
- Now, after executing a Refresh in Actions and Validations, Bizagi evaluates if there is an action related with the controls to be refreshed. If so, the actions of these controls are executed again to guarantee the control’s expected behavior. In previous versions, Refresh command overwrote the actions where controls changed their appearance.
Due to security improvements, some widget versions are no longer compatible with Bizagi 11.2.4. If you are using any of these widgets, make sure you install and deploy the following version:
- PDF Attachment Viewer version 2.1
- Image Zoom version 2.1
- Image Gallery version 2.1
- Gif Player version 2.0
- Now stakeholders are deployed independently depending on whether they have dependencies on a process being deployed or are manually selected. Previously any change in stakeholder configuration deployed all the stakeholders’ metadata.
- When a delegated user clicks on the Take ownership button, the case is automatically allocated to said delegated user. If the user releases the activity, allocation rules are all executed again. Until now, the delegated user was not able to Take ownership of a case.
- A new method was added to keep the order in which all lists (collections) are returned by an external system. With this new method, Bizagi will persist the list in the same order that was returned originally from the external system. For information, visit how to revert this behavior.
- A combination of keys has been created to enable the scenario of having Studio installed with a proxy configuration for authentication. This configuration was not supported. For more information refer to authenticate in Studio with a proxy.
For Cloud customers exclusively
If you are upgrading to version 11.2.4 using Web apps (and not Virtual machines) take into consideration the following topics:
Our Enterprise administrators now have a new portal, called Customer Portal, specially designed as the place where subscription managers can administer the users of all the Bizagi cloud products in a centralized manner.
Automation Service and Studio Collaboration Services, customers have a centralized summary of all project and environments. In it, customers can review the number of provisioned environments, the category of each environment, and the Bizagi version installed. Additionally, they can manage administrators of each subscription’s projects.
For information in Automation Service refer to: https://help.bizagi.com/automation-service/en/bizagi-customer-portal.htm
For information in Studio Collaboration Services refer to: https://help.bizagi.com/bpm-suite/en/bizagi-customer-portal.htm
Our new Accounts 2.0 single place for authentication
We have upgraded our authentication platform introducing new technology and making it more robust. This upgrade centralizes the login of all cloud services through our Accounts platform. All services are authenticated relying on the same Identity Provider.
From 11.2.4 you can define an external Identity Provider to be integrated with Accounts 2.0. This let you define one SSO for your cloud-based services portals: SCS, MCW, Customer Portal.
Note: The Work Portals of your Automation Service environments are not authenticated with accounts 2.0. This change will not affect Automation Service’s Work Portal.
Okta and Autologin support
We have temporarily disabled the support for Okta as identity provider for the Management Console. If your Management Console relies in said provider, you can change the provider for the upgrade, or upgrade in the next release where Okta will be supported.
We have deprecated the autologin option for Management Console as this option was not recommended.
Note: This change will not affect Automation Service’s Work Portal, which supports Okta with SAML.
ADFS and Azure AD adjustment
If you are using SSO with Azure or ADFS, with the upgrade to version 11.2.4 your IT team needs to perform adjustments in your Identity Provider:
After the adjustment has been made, the configured URL needs to be delivered to the Cloud Operations team via support ticket.
Below you will find the steps to configure authentication to the new platform. Steps are the same for all products, as these are performed just once and they apply for all your cloud products:
- SCS: https://help.bizagi.com/bpm-suite/en/index.html?scs_azuread.htm
- Customer Portal in Studio: https://help.bizagi.com/bpm-suite/en/index.html?customer_azure.htm
- Customer Portal in Cloud: https://help.bizagi.com/automation-service/en/index.html?customer_azure.htm
- SCS: https://help.bizagi.com/bpm-suite/en/index.html?scs_adfs.htm
- Customer Portal in Studio: https://help.bizagi.com/bpm-suite/en/index.html?customer_adfs.htm
- Customer Portal in Cloud: https://help.bizagi.com/automation-service/en/index.html?customer_adfs.htm