Upgrading from a previous version?
- New features
- Text Analytics powered by Microsoft Cognitive services Connector
- Abbyy Connector for Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Bizagi Studio silent installation
- New OData endpoint to get user processes
- New Bizagi Sites interface
- New Bizagi Sites Translation Manager
- Custom fonts for Bizagi Sites
- New Control for Bizagi Sites: My Cases
- You can now add your own theme to your sites
- New feature in the connector editor: creating a connector from an API descriptor
- ECM Support for SharePoint 2016 and 2019
- Export full project’s deployment package
- Export the package visualizer report
- Test connection button for SAP in Bizagi Studio, Management Console and Management Console Web
- New function that counts the elements in both Master and Parameter entities
- New Bizagi OData Layer descriptor in OpenAPI
- New options for Import in Advanced Deployment
- SAML 2.0 in Accounts 2 (available December, 2020 using Cloud 2.0.3)
- Expression Validation Improvements
- Empty dates are not shown in Document templates
- Bizagi Sites Improvements
- Prompt with a warning when closing Studio
- Enhancement in Studio Search result
- Bizagi Studio displays version number
- Adobe Flash removal
- Strategy configuration for the execution of jobs in UiPath
- New connection option with UiPath Orchestrator
- Summary forms improvement for Live Processes
- Sharing queries improvement
- Notification emails update in Customer Portal
- Change of the notification email for the end of a trial
- Expression Editor Improvements in Studio
- Template dependencies improvement
- Exceptions handling
- Warning message before Maintenance Window
- Share processes in Studio improved including Experience components
- QR Widget improved
- Security Improvements
- Improvements on the authentication platform in Bizagi.com
- Deployment improvements
- Improved Domain property in User Administration
- Offline tab for entity forms editor
- Interface improvement of Live Processes Manager
- Synchronizing users with SCIM’s REST services improvements
- Relate Objects in Studio Collaboration Services
- Stakeholders synchronization
- Number of rows in queries
- Data Sync executed asynchronously
- Improvement on the Work in Progress per User BAM report
- Improvement on Hide inactive versions
- Mobile support for expression warning
- Warning when mapping the root node of a Document Template
- Improvement on Sequential assignment method
- Improvement in tooltips of Graphical Analysis
- Improvements on Bizagi Studio Portable wizard
- Operation Icons update
- Authentication cookie security improvement
- Scheduler fine-tuning parameters
- Changing attribute length validations
- Dynamic Rules Tracer URL connection improvement
- Bots configuration
Text Analytics powered by Microsoft Cognitive services Connector
Bizagi Text Analytics connector, available for download at Bizagi Connector XChange, acts as a bridge between your Bizagi project and Microsoft Cognitive Services. With this connector you can easily use Artificial Intelligence from your Bizagi Project so you can identify and categorize important concepts, extract key phrases from unstructured texts, and improve the understanding of customer perception.
Abbyy Connector for Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
You can further improve your intelligent processes by using the Abbyy Connector for OCR to convert images, handwriting, or printed documents into encoded text. Bizagi provides two connectors: Automapping and Unstructured. That suit your needs to easily integrate Abbyy with your processes.
Bizagi Studio silent installation
You can install Bizagi Studio using .msi or .iss files, so now a single system administrator can deploy installations on multiple workstations at a time.
New OData endpoint to get user processes
The new OData endpoint allows you to see the processes that each user has access to inside a Bizagi project. This service may be configured to be used by one or more user roles.
New Bizagi Sites interface
Bizagi Sites has a whole new interface that provides a friendlier user experience.
New Bizagi Sites Translation Manager
You can now easily translate the content of your multilingual sites from the new translation manager. All the controls are listed along with your site’s languages where you can edit the content online or download a file where you can edit the values.
Custom fonts for Bizagi Sites
You can now upload fonts for your sites, the fonts you upload are available for all the sites in the environment. Also, when you download your site, it includes your custom font.
New Control for Bizagi Sites: My Cases
Your stakeholders can now see all the cases they have worked on from your Bizagi Site with the new Cases control.
You can now add your own theme to your sites
You can build your own theme using the new theme editor. You can access it by clicking the New Theme button in the theme menu.
New feature in the connector editor: creating a connector from an API descriptor
With the new connector editor features, you can create connectors simply by uploading a RAML or an OpenAPI descriptor file.
Bizagi now supports your ECM configuration with SharePoint 2016 and 2019.
Export full project’s deployment package
Now you can generate a deployment package (BEX file) of the full project with the click of one button.
Export the package visualizer report
You can generate a Comma Separated file (CSV) with the report of the package visualizer. This feature lets you have a list of all deployed objects and information related to each object contained in the deployment package (BEX file).
New function that counts the elements in both Master and Parameter entities
A new function has been included in the function editor and the IntelliSense:
CHelper.entityListCount(EntityName, Filter): This function calculates the total count of elements in a specific entity.
New Bizagi OData Layer descriptor in OpenAPI
Bizagi now exposes some of its OData services through an OpenAPI descriptor, which can be used through any middleware that supports OpenAPI.
New options for Import in Advanced Deployment
The CreateImport.exe file used to apply a development package in an environment now presents two additional checks:
- Replace target environment metadata: defines whether the metadata included in the package will replace the metadata in the environment.
- Ignore removing referenced objects: disables the validation of deleted objects in the development environment which are still used or enabled in the target environment.
SAML 2.0 in Accounts 2 (available December, 2020 using Cloud 2.0.3)
Accounts 2 infrastructure now supports SAML 2.0 authentication and authorization protocol, and the same identity providers (IdPs) as Automation Service.
Expression Validation Improvements
The rule validation for expressions now includes global variables. Before the update to 11.2.4 R2, these variables appeared with a warning sign informing you that the variable may not be declared.
Empty dates are not shown in Document templates
When Bizagi generates a Document Template and receives a date that has a null value, it will not be shown in the final output.
Bizagi Sites Improvements
- The Sites Editor now supports more languages. It now includes: Chinese simplified, Czech, Dutch, English, Italian, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Now the language you select in Bizagi Sites also applies to the language used in your Work Portal.
- Performance improvements.
- Modal forms now use the same themes and styles as the Site.
- You can now set up public and private pages for your Site along with a login option for the menu.
- Now when you right click in the Sites editor, a menu appears with the following options: cut, copy, paste, duplicate, delete and manage translation.
- Now you can duplicate and organize pages on your site.
- You can now optimize your Site from the dashboard to clean metadata. You can also migrate sites to a newer Bizagi version directly from the dashboard.
- You can now add custom fields or categories to your static collections. These fields can be used to filter content through a search control.
Prompt with a warning when closing Studio
Bizagi Studio now displays a warning message when a user tries to close the program. The message will prevent users from accidentally closing the program.
Enhancement in Studio Search result
Bizagi Studio’s search results were enhanced with the following features:
- A new column called Version was added to be able to distinguish the objects that have been versioned.
- Two new columns were added: Parent and Parent Type to show the object’s parent and its type (e.g. a rule’s parent can be the entity Request, Parent: Request, Parent Type: entity)
- The button GO was changed to Navigate to display better what the button does.
- When columns are actionable, they are now displayed underlined, showing them as a link.
Bizagi Studio displays version number
To make it easier to identify what version of Studio is running, it is now being shown on the title of the Splash window.
Adobe Flash removal
Bizagi has updated the Graphical Analysis, which was the last feature to rely on Flash, to a newer technology.
Strategy configuration for the execution of jobs in UiPath
Strategies in UiPath define how the robots of an environment execute the jobs in a process. Now you will be able to choose between all (all the robots execute the job), specific (a specific robot or list of robots execute the job) or RobotCount (a fixed number of robots execute the job).
New connection option with UiPath Orchestrator
When configuring a connection with your UiPath Orchestrator, you can now choose between two connection options. An on-premise connection, where you will be responsible for managing all the infrastructure for your resources to work or a cloud connection, where UiPath manages all the infrastructure for your resources to work.
UiPath configuration from Bizagi Studio:
UiPath configuration from the MCW:
Summary forms improvement for Live Processes
When you configure a Summary form in Live Processes, this form is displayed when you don’t have any pending activities for the current case and inside the Summary tab of the Details view.
Sharing queries improvement
When sharing queries, only the users with user rights were able to share them even though the menu was listed for all users. Now it is possible to share a query with any user, even when not having user management permissions.
Notification emails update in Customer Portal
The notification emails sent when a user has been added to the customer portal or invited to collaborate in a Studio project have been updated. This applies for Enterprise plans.
Change of the notification email for the end of a trial
The email sent by Bizagi when a cloud trial is about to expire, has changed, making the content clearer.
Expression Editor Improvements in Studio
• New button added to locate the dependencies of an Expression.
• In the Find and Replace option, the Find Next button is selected by default so when you hit Enter key, the next occurrence is highlighted.
• The Validate option has been renamed to Syntax and references validation along with its tooltip.
• Validation messages are now highlighted using a color scheme according to their severity.
• The height of the rows of the validation messages are variable to display the whole message.
• Non declared variables are detected.
• Nonexistent component libraries are detected.
• A message appears if no errors are found when using the Syntax and references validation option.
Template dependencies improvement
When analyzing dependencies of an attribute in Bizagi Studio, if it exists in a Document Template, the name of the template is displayed instead of its GUID.
When an exception occurs in Bizagi, its trace and the activities which led to the exception are exported in a log file located at C:\ProgramData\Bizagi\Enterprise\BizAgiStudio\Logs with the name [ProjectName]_[GUID].log
Warning message before Maintenance Window
If a Maintenance Window is enacted while a user is working in an activity, a warning message appears informing them that the information entered will be lost.
Experience Objects can now be included in the Share option in Bizagi.
QR Widget improved
The QR code scanner widget, downloadable from the Widget Xchange, has been improved under-the-hood, for better performance.
Before the 11.2.4 R2 update, a Connection string could be retrieved from the expressions containing
CHelper.getKey. This behavior has now been restricted, displaying a message that states “The requested value cannot be retrieved for security reasons.”
Improvements on the authentication platform in Bizagi.com
There is a new version of the Bizagi authentication platform with the following improvements:
• Create an account, Forgot my password and Reactivate my account processes have been improved by updating messages and redistributing steps, among other things.
• Improvement in the behavior of the platform when running in tablets or cell phones.
• Bizagi Studio and Modeler desktop applications now redirect the user to the authentication website to sign up, forgot my password and Reactivate my account processes.
• Enhanced look and feel of the platform for Enterprise users.
When deploying, Bizagi validates the following scenarios:
• New business keys: Bizagi validates that the existing values in the target environment meet the new business keys configuration. In case of having repeated records, empty or new values, the deployment is not stopped, but the key is not applied.
• Validation of existing values: If you delete values of Parameter entities in development or change where to manage a Parameter entity, Bizagi validates if the values are being used in the target environment. This is to avoid the deletion values being used in any case.
These validations are registered in the deployment log.
Improved Domain property in User Administration
The length of the domain field of the User Administration has been increased from 25 to 50 characters.
Offline tab for entity forms editor
When editing a form in the expert view, it is now possible to see both the online and offline versions. If a reusable form is being used within another form, you can see which version is being used, either online or offline.
Interface improvement of Live Processes Manager
The interface of the Live Processes Manager has been improved by extending the space for the name of the process, changing the date format according to the one configured in Bizagi Studio, among other changes.
Synchronizing users with SCIM’s REST services improvements
Improvements in the input parameters of GET and PATCH methods, so you can search users using filters, logic operators, or their username, and update their information easily.
Relate Objects in Studio Collaboration Services
Now, in Studio Collaboration Services, you can relate objects such as entities, queries, rules, or custom jobs to processes, so they are considered in the deployment package with the process.
To speed-up the mapping of users to stakeholder definitions, you can define conditions to automatically map them in bulk. The synchronization process is done using the Management Console.
Status of the synchronization is shown, as well as a summary of the users mapped.
Number of rows in queries
Users can select the number or records to display in Query results. When a query is executed, the user can select the number of records to be displayed. When a number is selected from the menu, it will be saved in the user’s settings and all other queries will display the same number of rows.
Data Sync executed asynchronously
When you import data from parameter entities using the Data Sync feature, the data is imported asynchronously, so the user does not have to wait until the procedure is completed to keep using the Management Console Web.
Improvement on the Work in Progress per User BAM report
Now, the results of the Work in Progress per User BAM report, are listed alphabetically for your convenience.
Improvement on Hide inactive versions
In the Studio’s Carrousel (Wizard view), the font size of the menu Hide inactive version processes has been increased to make it more visible.
Mobile support for expression warning
Now, the Bizagi Mobile app supports the method
Warning when mapping the root node of a Document Template
Now, a warning message appears when the user tries to map a parameter to the root node of a Document Template.
Improvement on Sequential assignment method
When using the Sequential allocation method improvements were made to guarantee that if a user has already worked on an Activity, they continue to do so, whenever the case returns to it.
Improvement in tooltips of Graphical Analysis
The tooltips of the graphical analysis now show the values of the column where the mouse is over. Before, all the values of the series were displayed.
Improvements on Bizagi Studio Portable wizard
To avoid confusion with project creations, the Create New Project button will not be displayed anymore when you open the Bizagi Studio Portable wizard. Also, the interface has been improved when you download processes from the Process Xchange.
Operation Icons update
In the Work Portal, the operation icons shown in the administration tab in the history of a case have been updated:
The authentication cookies of the Bizagi Work Portal now have by default the sameSite property defined as STRICT. This prevents cross-site security attacks.
Scheduler fine-tuning parameters
The default values of the Scheduler fine tuning parameters are updated so the performance of the Scheduler is increased for projects with high demand for asynchronous and bot activities execution.
Changing attribute length validations
After you change the length of an attribute, for example, string attributes, Bizagi warns users if you can lose values due to the length changes. It also validates if there are existing values when the entity is managed in the development environment.
Dynamic Rules Tracer URL connection improvement
Now you can change the URL of the DRT so you can use another URLs of your development environment, for example, when you use HTTPS.
From this version onwards, bots are exclusively configured in bot tasks. Bots from previous versions that are configured in other type of tasks or in gates, can still be executed. However, if you want to edit one of these bots, you must first delete the task where it was configured and create a new bot task. For more information on this configuration, refer to the following link.
- Inherited attributes were not being displayed in the Data Model available in the Expressions editor.
- When using Customized Columns, placing the column EstimatedSolutionDate before the name of the Activity or Process, made the columns shift to the right. That effect has been fixed.
- For on-premise projects, after an email template using expressions is changed in the development environment, it was necessary to perform an IIS reset to see the change.
- When updating a form within Studio Collaboration Services, some changes were not seen in the Work Portal. Several improvements were made to guarantee that all changes are correctly shown.
- An error occurred when accessing the Following section in the Me menu. There was a problem with customized columns in process entities that has been fixed.
- Multiple performance improvements were made for Cloud customers when Run on Cloud is clicked, both in Studio Collaboration Services and in Automation Services. Time to display the Work Portal has been reduced.
- There was an error on the context used for filtering controls in User forms. The context is now fixed for both types of filters: scripting and graphical filter. Customers upgrading from version 11.2.3, whose filters are not working correctly, need to re-open the filter and fix the XPath used so the filter is correctly formed.
- When localizing the Work Portal working with multiple languages at the same time, the application froze. The problem has been solved.
- Bizagi has included sorting criteria when retrieving work items to avoid memory issues.
- There was a performance problem with V2 interfaces (SOAP interfaces) when using WCF services that performed a concurrent call. The problem has been fixed.
- Bizagi now validates that the deployment to production cannot be performed when there are no processes selected.
- The loading of forms with widgets in the development environment has been improved and accelerated.