Upgrading from a previous version?
- New features, improvements and fixes
- SAP Cloud Platform connector
- Runtime entities
- Integration with Automation Anywhere V.2019
- UiPath: integration with attended bots
- New Integration Hub in Bizagi Studio – including the new integrated connector editor
- Connector editor integrated in Bizagi Studio
- New Azure Translate connector in the Xchange
- Integration with Microsoft Power Automate
- Form Recognizer connector for Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Two new OData endpoints: Save activity and Set event
- Multiple authentication for cloud-based services
- Exception handler for Bizagi Sites
- Add new languages to a multilingual site
- Sites roles adjustment
- Sites new design for Manage controls
- Sites System updates
- Sites control settings rearranged
- Improved upload site warnings
- Sites Global Form
- Sites input validations
- Deployment import improvements
- Improvements in the Dependency Analyzer
- New functions for Command Line deployment utility
- Deployment Logs
- Bizagi startup improvements
- Scheduler 2.0
- Performance improved when opening form editor
- Oracle performance improvements
- Aspose libraries
- Net Framework 4.8
- Support HTTPS by default
- New action operator is loaded
- Read only control
- Attributes in Summary forms
- New Pipeline feature
- New module for ECM tracing
- LDAP user synchronization with a secure connection
- Access the Work Portal from the Identity Provider application repository
- Language system metadata improvements
- New login page
- Hide currency symbols in Emails
- Customizable confirmation messages in buttons
- New Is Sortable Property for tables and columns
- Date functions for Actions & Validations
- Working time schema wizard improved
- Package visualizer improved
- Rule when invalidating/cancelling a case
- Improvements in the BPU report generated via Work Portal
- New filters for wait jobs
- Improvements in the Expression validation
- Improvements in the Data Synchronization wizard
- New upload size limit
- Language selection for Message templates and document templates
- Early check-out warning when exporting a package
- Proxy Configuration
- Deployment package Password
- Default encryption algorithm
- CORS Improvement
- Studio Portable extraction improvement
- Register operations to the log disabled by default
- Filter option in Attributes types
- Project names with reserved words
- New Content-Security-Policy parameter
- Operating systems support
- SQL servers support
- Mobile application
- Management Console Web (MCW)
- Business Insights (BI)
- Work Portal
- Smart Inbox
- New Cases are highlighted in the inbox
- Live Filters
- Default Inbox
- Modernized Work Portal Look and Feel
- RPA asynchronous console in the Work Portal
- Improvements in Live Processes
- Improvements in the Date control
- File Name when printing a form
- Inbox options in the query result
- Activity Description window
- Document templates with unmapped tables
- Picture in Preferences can be deleted
- Customer Portal
New features, improvements and fixes
SAP Cloud Platform connector
Bizagi now offers a new out-of-the-box connector with the SAP Cloud Platform. The Cloud Platform is an integration intermediary with other SAP ERP systems like SAP S/4 HANA, for both on-premises or cloud versions. This extends the usage of SAP systems within your Bizagi intelligent process automation strategy.
We are enriching existing data models by introducing Runtime entities. Runtime entities contain read-only information relating Bizagi’s process and cases internal data, such as case creator, creation date, ongoing Activities, allocation history, transition history, among others.
This information is now available to be easily exposed for Business Insights through the BI connector, to create more powerful reports.
They are also available from Forms, Expressions, Document templates, emails and Connectors.
For Forms a new control has been created: Read-only control.
Integration with Automation Anywhere V.2019
Now users can create, edit, and test connections to the latest version of the Automation Anywhere control room: A2019. With this, new types of parameters are available for the inputs and the outputs: dictionaries and lists.
UiPath: integration with attended bots
Users can now integrate with another type of robot using UiPath: attended robots. These robots will be configured in Bizagi Studio and executed in processes in the Work Portal.
To execute attended bots, users will have the possibility to associate them to buttons in the forms editor.
It is important to mention that for these bots to work, it is necessary to configure a content-security-policy parameter in the Custom Parameters of Bizagi Studio or the Management Console Web.
New Integration Hub in Bizagi Studio – including the new integrated connector editor
The way of integrating Bizagi with external systems has become easier with the new Integration Hub. All the options available concerning external systems have been centralized. Now, you will be able to import .bizc files, import connectors from Bizagi Xchange and, access to the connector editor in the centralized api Connector option.
Connector editor integrated in Bizagi Studio
Now, additional to importing the .bizc files and the connectors from Bizagi Xchange, you will be able to create REST and custom connectors, as well as import RAML and OpenAPI files directly in Bizagi Studio with the integrated connector editor. It comes with a brand-new feature to test the connectors without having to create a new case in the Work Portal.
New Azure Translate connector in the Xchange
The new Azure – Translate connector allows you to easily translate in real time texts in more than 70 languages.
Integration with Microsoft Power Automate
To enable integration with Microsoft Power Automate, the following features have been developed.
- A custom connector to integrate Bizagi from Microsoft Power Automate
- A new Connector Template in Bizagi Connector Editor to connect with Microsoft Power Automate.
Form Recognizer connector for Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
Improve your intelligent processes with Bizagi’s new native connector. Use Microsoft Azure Form Recognizer’s swift OCR capabilities to convert images, handwriting or printed documents into encoded text, and integrate this information in your IT systems and processes.
Two new OData endpoints: Save activity and Set event
Multiple authentication for cloud-based services
You can configure multiple identity providers associated with the authentication of users for cloud-based services and portals. For example, the Customer Portal, Modeler Services, Studio Collaboration servicers, and AI or BI portals.
Exception handler for Bizagi Sites
A new exception handler is added in Sites to prevent server errors from returning sensitive information. The handler classifies uncontrolled exceptions and returns generic messages to end users.
Add new languages to a multilingual site
The configuration of multilingual sites has been improved. Now, it is possible to add more than one language directly from the Summary step of the wizard.
Sites roles adjustment
In previous versions the Sites Editor was accessed by end users with the Site Editor or Administrator roles. From this version, only users with the Site Editor role have access to the Sites Editor.
Sites new design for Manage controls
There is a new design for Sites’ Manage Content and Manage Collections Search controls, that unifies the position of radio buttons and checkboxes, and differentiates the visibility of fixed and dynamic data.
Sites System updates
A new System updates option has been added to the Sites dashboard’s actions to synchronize adjustments made to themes and resource files that are in Cloud. When the site version is updated, an alert icon appears next to the option’s name, indicating that the system updates must be launched. Nevertheless, the updates can be executed at any time.
Sites control settings rearranged
Now, the control settings’ information is grouped by related elements in the same visualization.
For embedded controls, the control title has been moved to the content manager to boost content finding by language.
Improved upload site warnings
In Bizagi Sites, when trying to upload a site with problems in the metadata, the Summary form indiscriminately displayed a warning sign next to the elements that did not exist in the environment. Now, to let the Sites Editor know where the adjustments must be made, these warnings are grouped according to the elements’ data type (collections, cases, searches, processes, stakeholders or navigation).
Sites Global Form
The View Global Form button has been removed, and the Global Form is now displayed at the end of case tasks. In controls like My cases, the form is shown for complete or canceled cases in the Context Form tab.
Sites input validations
A new component has been added to continuously verify user inputs in Sites and improve security. This component helps to prevent XSS, CSRF and similar attacks.
Deployment import improvements
Improvements were made in the database structures, for both SQL and Oracle engines, to reduce the time when executing deployments and importing tasks.
Improvements in the Dependency Analyzer
The analyzer did not detect dependencies when a string was concatenated in a parameter that expected an XPath, for example:
var filter = “sCaseNumber = 1”;
var result = Me.getXpath(“entity-list(‘M_A_Details’,”+filter+”)”);
Now, the variable concatenated in the filter is detected by the Dependency Analyzer.
New functions for Command Line deployment utility
New functions have been included in the Command Line deployment utility. These functions perform ost common operations after the deployment, such as stopping and starting the scheduler, creating database and Web App backups, cleaning temporary files and more.
A deployment is mainly divided into two steps: export a deployment package and apply it in the target environment. Now Bizagi registers logs when applying any of these steps, which help you to troubleshoot a deployment.
Bizagi startup improvements
Bizagi startup time has been reduced thanks to performance improvements made in internal components such as libraries licenses, warmup loaders, metadata managers, and multilanguage files.
The Scheduler has been improved with a newer technology that lets Bizagi execute jobs in a more efficient way. You can define priorities for the execution of your tasks, without having to set or tune the Scheduler with complex or technical configurations.
Performance improved when opening form editor
Now when going the form editor, only the widgets that are used in the specific form are loaded, making faster the form editor opening.
Oracle performance improvements
The performance of the database structure using Oracle has been improved.
Aspose libraries used by Bizagi to manipulate Office and PDF files have been updated to obtain the performance and security benefits of newer versions.
Net Framework 4.8
Bizagi Net Framework is updated from 4.6.1 to 4.8 to avoid compatibility problems with third-party components, and include improvements made in the Framework’s performance and security.
Support HTTPS by default
When creating or updating projects from Studio, you can generate self-signed certificates for the Work Portal to support the HTTPS protocol. If you already have a certificate that supports the HTTPS protocol, you can select the binding in the IIS for the Work Portal’s URL configuration to be based on it.
New action operator is loaded
There is a new operator within the actions in a form, is loaded. It allows to perform actions within the form when it has loaded.
Read only control
A new control has been created: Ready only, to be used within Forms, in a read-only fashion.
Read only controls can be related to: Boolean, Date, Number, Text, Money.
Attributes in Summary forms
Now rules contained within Summary forms cannot modify the values of attributes of type XPath. All Summary forms’ attributes are read-only. This prevents rules reused in Summary forms from modifying case values by mistake.
New Pipeline feature
A pipeline is a component that allows executing multiple automatic tasks in a specific order. The elements that can be used within pipelines are:
- SAP Connectors
- Excel Connectors
Pipelines can be defined through On Exit Activity Actions. Pipelines are defined in a process context; thus, they can be used within the activities of the process where they are configured.
New module for ECM tracing
You can now enable the traces when integrating with ECM systems to detect whenever there is an issue during the integration.
LDAP user synchronization with a secure connection
Now Bizagi supports the LDAP user synchronization using the SSL, also named LDAPS.
Access the Work Portal from the Identity Provider application repository
Users can now access Work Portal with one click from their Identity Provider Application HUB, also called the IdP (Identity Provider) Initiated Flow, without the need to register their credentials. This applies to authentication with the SAML 2.0 protocol.
Language system metadata improvements
Language system metadata (currencies’ format, dates, abbreviations for days/months, etc.) has been improved to simplify the correction of possible errors.
New login page
Bizagi login page has been redesigned. Besides the modern styling and fresh color tones, this new design contains improvements in accessibility, authentication, and site navigation.
Hide currency symbols in Emails
Now, it is possible to hide the currency symbols when adding attributes of type Currency in message templates. A key can be set: HideCurrencySymbolOnMessageTemplate key. These attributes are considered as Float attributes in all messages sent from the project.
For on premises customers the key can be set in true in the Webconfig or in the Scheduler’s config. For cloud customers, a ticket must be created requesting the key.
You can now customize the confirmation message displayed when a user clicks a button within a form. This applies for both form buttons and button controls.
New Is Sortable Property for tables and columns
There is a new control property for tables, grouped tables, and columns: Is sortable. It is a Boolean property that defines whether the data in the control can be sorted or not by the end user, or not.
Date functions for Actions & Validations
Working time schema wizard improved
The Working Time Schema wizard has been improved. Users now can use schedules to define the working or non-working days. Additionally, users can create exceptions as holidays and custom days, increasing the level of customization for each Working Time Schema.
Package visualizer improved
The wizard used to visualize the deployment packages had an interface improvement.
Rule when invalidating/cancelling a case
When an authorized user invalidates one or more cases either from the Admin menu, a rule or invoking the method from the SOA Layer, the project can execute a rule to adjust the business data of the invalidated case(s). This rule will be executed after the invalidation and the case will be invalidated after a successful execution of the rule.
Improvements in the BPU report generated via Work Portal
The following improvements have been made to the On Premises BPU report:
- The data for the last six months is included in the report, formerly, the data for the last 90 days where included.
- Data displayed is grouped by month. Before, the data was grouped by the last 30 calendar days.
- Numeric values now show four decimal digits.
New filters for wait jobs
In the Management Console on premises, the waiting jobs option presents a filter to let you easily find any job. The search can be performed by any of the columns of the list such as name, creation date, case id, process name, etc.
Improvements in the Expression validation
- The Syntax and reference validation option now recognizes Bizagi functions such as ToString(), PadLeft(), Replace(), and ToUpper().
- Variables defined in other elements inside the same Rule are identified.
- Global variables and Library Rule parameters are now identified when they are updated while writing the rule.
- When trying to use system functions, a warning appears indicating that these functions should not be used.
Improvements in the Data Synchronization wizard
The following improvement have been applied in the Data Synchronization wizard:
- Icons for messages in the summary view of the import have been enhanced to have a better understanding.
- When one or more entities present errors, an option is enabled to unselect those entities.
- When you try to synchronize data with a column set as entity key and this column has duplicated data, a message appears.
New upload size limit
The upload size limit to Bizagi was modified. For cloud environments the maximum value is 268435456 bytes (256 MB) and for on-premises environments is 2147483647 bytes (Approximately 2 GB). This setting can be configured in the Management Console Web for cloud or in Bizagi Studio.
Language selection for Message templates and document templates
Early check-out warning when exporting a package
The warning of a checked-out process is now displayed at the start rather that the end of the exportation of a package.
Now Bizagi provides a wizard to configure a proxy compatible with all its products that can be configured for any environment to manage requests of external services.
Deployment package Password
When creating a deployment package, users can set a password to prevent it to be handled. Later, it will be required when importing the package.
Default encryption algorithm
Now the default encryption algorithm is AES.
The Access-Control-Allow-Origin header response is removed and is only sent when a CORS trusted domain is configured in Bizagi Studio.
Studio Portable extraction improvement
The Portable Edition improves the way it is extracted to ease finding Bizagi Studio executable file, so users can easily open it and start working. Components are all now included in a folder, so the executable file is listed along other few files and it is easily found.
Register operations to the log disabled by default
The option Register operations to the log, for Application, Master, Parameter and Stakeholder entities is now DISABLED by default when an entity is created. If a user wants to enable the log, they must do it manually for each entity.
Filter option in Attributes types
When creating a new attribute, a filter option is displayed in the Attribute Type selection, to ease finding related attributes or default types.
Project names with reserved words
When creating a new project Bizagi now validates that the project’s name doesn’t include reserved words. Existing projects are not impacted when upgrading.
New Content-Security-Policy parameter
For HTTP requests, there is a header called the Content-Security-Policy, which let users control the resources that are loaded in a page. Now, you can define a custom parameter with this key to control which resources from external systems can be loaded. This key is needed for the execution of widgets that connect to external systems and attended bots.
Operating systems support
As from this version, we will not support the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012 (it does not support the ASP.NET Core needed for Sites. We will continue supporting Windows Server 2012 R2)
- Windows Server 2008 SP3 (End of life was 2020)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (End of life was 2020)
- Windows 7 (End of life was 2020)
We will support for Automation Server:
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
SQL servers support
As from this version, we will not support the following SQL Servers:
- SQL Server 2008 & SQL Server 2008 R2 (End of life was 2019)
iOS standard information
Now the mobile application displays iOS standard information, such as battery status and time.
The UI-Webview component has been updated to ensure that Bizagi remains available on the App Store.
Mobile UI improvements
To improve the user interface in mobile devices, the touchend event logic has been added to the following application’s components: (1) the arrow button that closes the form and returns the user to the previous screen, (2) the button that displays the form’s options (such as Summary), and (3) the Save and Next buttons.
To improve security, now HTTPS protocol is selected by default in Bizagi domains (bizagi.com) when accessing a project through the mobile application.
Customizable size for columns displayed in tablets
The visualization of tables in tablets has been improved. You can now define the width of each column in pixels or in percentage.
Additionally, tablets now display more columns than the default four columns.
Button control in Mobile app
The control Button is now supported in Bizagi Mobile App. This control can be used in offline mode as long as its execution does not require interaction with the server. For example, changing background, fonts, etc.
Multi-Select control for offline forms
Now the multi-select control is available in offline forms.
Is exclusive property in tables for offline forms
The exclusive property in checkbox yes/no controls in a table is now available for offline forms.
Management Console Web (MCW)
Zero downtime deployment
Zero downtime deployment is the capability of deploying processes while your system is running. With this new feature you can have 24 x 7, non-stop solutions.
Implement continuous improvements to your applications, processes, data models, interfaces, or any component of your solution without outages for your end users.
95% of deployment scenarios are covered. The system will warn when a maintenance window is needed.
To enhance the experience of our cloud Enterprise users, the Stakeholder’s synchronization functionality is now available in Studio Collaboration Services (MCW) for development environments.
Improvements in Tracing module in MCW
The tracing module in Management Console Web has been improved with the following features:
- New columns for better understanding: category and modification date
- Standardization of names: the date has been removed from the name to reduce the number of records created and ease the navigation
- Date is converted to the user’s time zone
- Traces are now sorted by date, so the latest traces generated appears first.
Whitelist for Outbound Traffic for Cloud customers
Customers are welcome to create a ticket to setup the whitelist of IPs that can access Bizagi Cloud portals. The whitelist applies for all services (Modeler, Studio Collaboration, and Automation).
Business Insights (BI)
Datasets improvements for report generation
Customers store report-ready business information in Bizagi’s BI. As a case is flowing, it is easy for developers to identify the moment in time to post data to BI as a central repository, where data is flat, easy to understand and easy to consume.
This centralized repository is enhanced in this version with the inclusion of business keys and time stamps that together enable the ability to update existing records.
Combining BI with Runtime entities you have an innovative and robust way to create reports, having meaningful data stored in a centralized place ready to consume.
The new Smart Inbox lets end users predefine pending tasks in sections of their inbox, to display cases of processes gathered by filters based on business information. For example, set an inbox with cases where the amount of a request is greater than a certain amount.
These Smart Inboxes can be shared to different end users, so they can see the same classification of cases in their inboxes.
By default, all users of the Work Portal can create a Smart Inbox. However, you can define security restrictions, and define who can create Smart Inboxes.
New Cases are highlighted in the inbox
When a user has a new pending task from a new case, it is highlighted in the inbox with a vertical line on the left-hand side.
For each Inbox (Smart or regular inbox), users can apply additional filters called Live Filters, clicking the filter icon located at the top-right corner of the Inbox.
You can define a default Inbox (normal or smart) so it is fixed on your left-hand sidebar and when a user logs in, or click the Inbox menu, Bizagi displays the default inbox.
Modernized Work Portal Look and Feel
The default Work Portal’s Theme has been updated for an improved and modernized experience.
For new projects the improved look and feel will be used. For existing projects that have customized their theme with a logo or customized colors, such changes will be kept.
RPA asynchronous console in the Work Portal
Now in the Asynchronous Activities Console in the Work Portal, users will be able to manage the RPA activities that fail. This means they will be able to see and retry those activities that failed in a process.
Improvements in Live Processes
To enhance the experience when using Live processes, the following improvements have been included:
- Business information can now be included from the data model in both the subject and the body of emails.
- Set the email recipients using built-in properties such as the case creator or the current assignee and your Live Process data model.
- Link control has been included to be used as a form or column control.
- Include a fixed default value in some controls.
- You can customize the text in the default Form Buttons.
- Copy the design of a given Live Process Form into a new Form, using the Copy from functionality.
- Recognize the unique identifier of an attribute in the attribute selector of the form designer in Live Processes.
- When searching for the allocated user of a Live Process task, the results now show the user’s email to avoid confusions, when there are homonym users.
- Create Live Process reports for processes in Pilot state.
Improvements in the Date control
The look and feel of the date control have been improved in the desktop’s Work Portal.
File Name when printing a form
Now when a user prints a form or a collection in the Work Portal, the name of the file will be IDCase_ProcessName for the forms, and the collection name for the collections; allowing the user to have a better control of the forms and collections printed.
Inbox options in the query result
Users now have available the inbox options in the results of a query, this includes the graphic query, the timeline and the case summary.
Activity Description window
Now if an activity description is too long, a button appears to show the description in a new screen.
Document templates with unmapped tables
When a Document template is generated and a table is left unmapped, the output will display the “Foreach” tags that have been left empty. The Template must be mapped in Bizagi Studio. Example: [Foreach:Customer] [Name] [Phone] [End]
Picture in Preferences can be deleted
When a user uploads a picture in their Work Portal’s preferences, said picture can now be deleted.
Multiple authentication for cloud-based services
You can configure multiple identity providers associated with the authentication of users for cloud-based services and portals, for example, the Customer Portal, Modeler Services, Studio Collaboration servicers, and AI or BI portals.
Authentication Recovery Flow
A new authentication recovery functionality that activates only the default authenticator (Bizagi Accounts) for all domains is now available.
BPUs report per process
Automation Services’ Customer Portal now includes a new feature to review the BPUs consumed per environment. The new reports display the consumption per Day, month, yearly or with a custom range. The report is adjusted according to the time range selected.
The list of processes related to the consumption and their BPUs consumption is displayed in these reports as well.
Partial and Full reset in the Customer Portal
Now, you can perform a Partial or full reset of your environment directly from the Customer Portal.
- Document vulnerabilities found in Veracode scans run over Sites code have been reviewed and fixed.
- Projects running over Oracle databases were taking a long time to save parameter entities new values or creating new business keys in Studio. The issue has been resolved improving the performance.
- When a user has not configured a Boss, and there is an allocation rule that allocates to the supervisor, Bizagi will allocate the case to the Default allocation group. Before this version the allocation was done to another user above the hierarchical definition.
- There was a problem when having multiple times the same reusable form with a Form Link with different XPaths. The information of the last rendered Form Link was always being processed, because the GUID of the form was used as the identifier. The problem has been fixed.
- The tracing module was not updating the date of the records. This has been fixed.
- The filter option in the tracing module was not working. This has been fixed.
- Some use cases were missing from the Inline addition and edition for tables in mobile devices. These have been added.
- There was a problem sorting by the current assignee when there were unassigned cases in query forms and in the inbox. This has been fixed.
- The encryption and hashing of embedded resources were improved through the configuration of the Machine Key parameter. This applies to the Work Portal, the Scheduler and the Management Console Web.
- In the parametric entities’ administration, when sorting by localized columns the outcome was incorrect. This has been fixed.
- In the web application, there was a bug where unauthorized users had access to admin menus and permissions had to be set manually. This has been fixed, and now these users do not have access by default.
- Within XPath “is not ” was not accepted as a valid comparer. This has been fixed.