Upgrading from a previous version?
- New features
- Bizagi Business Insights (BI)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- FIPS compliant – Studio and Automation Server
- New web-based Management Console for Automation Service
- RPA UiPath Dashboard
- RPA UiPath Life cycle management process
- Dynamics 365 connector
- RAML OData descriptor for MuleSoft
- Access permissions of the Users Authorization Report
- Objects not included in the deployment package
- New Bizagi Studio’s advanced Business options checkbox: Enable release button on read-only mode
- New global objects filter for Microdeployment
- New option when cancelling a case
- New option to set control editability in Actions and Validations: Default
- New functions for case access
- New options for Full and Partial restart service
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 support
- Validations for user administration fields
- Automation Anywhere: Callback functionality
- SAP out-of-the-box connector available for cloud-based services
- New validations in virtualization and replication configuration
- User permission report
- Mandatory field when creating a trigger
- Automatic rule validation
- Excel connector: new Filter range action
- Link events error validations
- Live Processes improvements
- Mobile app improvements
- Studio Collaboration Services improvements
- Other improvements
Bizagi Business Insights (BI)
Business Insights for third party tools, offered for Automation Service customers, features two new and independent services.
The first service is Bizagi Datasets, which lets you expose and store your processes’ information using cloud datasets, to create and consume contextualized and denormalized business data. This service helps you make smarter business decisions by monitoring your business using external reporting tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, SQL Server reporting services and more.
The second service is an ODS that creates replica of the Production database with read-only capabilities for customized reporting purposes. This service allows customers to report their queries directly to it, without affecting their Production processes in the main transactional database.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Bizagi Artificial Intelligence is a new application that lets you execute powerful machine learning algorithms directly in your Bizagi processes. You can implement a predictive analysis based on the reliable data provided by your Business Insights (dataset).
FIPS compliant – Studio and Automation Server
Bizagi Studio and Automation Server are FIPS-140 compliant.
New web-based Management Console for Automation Service
In version 11.2.4 Automation Service customers have a new web-based management console, that replaces the traditional console accessed via virtual machines.
This web-based console enhances the user experience bringing:
- RPA dashboards
- User access control
- Centralized traces access
- No need of using remote desktop connections
RPA UiPath Dashboard
Our new RPA Dashboard for the Management Console Web provides charts that monitor the execution of your jobs and queue items. Get information about your Orchestrator operation and how it is improving. Know whether your RPA jobs were successful or not. You can now monitor your UiPath processes and get a sense of the quality of your robots.
RPA UiPath Life cycle management process
In our Bizagi Xchange, you can now find the new RPA Life Cycle Management process, for UiPath. You can use this brand-new process to ease your RPA development or transition. Control your improvement cycles, report bugs, and update your Orchestrator directly from Bizagi. Additionally, you can keep track of all your machines, environments, assets, queues, and processes involved in your RPA expansion.
Dynamics 365 connector
In our Bizagi Xchange, you can now find the improved Dynamics 365 connector that allows a deeper integration between your Bizagi processes and your Microsoft CRM. Manage all your accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, and competitors with this new connector.
RAML OData descriptor for MuleSoft
Bizagi is now RAML compatible. RAML is a modelling language for API managers, where you can define the lifecycle of all your APIs. This compatibility opens integration with MuleSoft or any RAML compatible technology.
Access permissions of the Users Authorization Report
Now you can grant or deny access to the Users Authorization Report from the Authorization options in the Security module of the Management Console.
Objects not included in the deployment package
Now you can activate a switch in the Package Visualizer. This feature compares the generated package against the development environment and displays the objects that are not included in a BEX file.
Now, there is a new check-box available on Bizagi Studio’s advanced Business options. When enabled, users who match allocation preconditions (on the assignation method everyone) and take the ownership of an activity on their Work Portal, visualize the release button. When selected, the activity becomes unassigned and available for all users matching the allocation preconditions.
New global objects filter for Microdeployment
We added a new category to the filters for the microdeployment. You can now choose to add global objects such as application forms, entity forms and global forms to your microdeployment.
New option when cancelling a case
Now, on the advanced Bizagi Environment options there is a new check-box: Include events on notifications. When enabled, each time a case is cancelled, users allocated to events are notified. Before this release, only task assignees were notified.
New option to set control editability in Actions and Validations: Default
Now, when working with Actions and Validations over grouping controls such as reusable forms or groups, it is possible to respect each control’s original editability setting, by selecting a new option: Default. Until now, when editability was set on true, all controls were set to editable even if their individual-control original setting was read-only.
New functions for case access
Three new functions have been included in the function editor and the IntelliSense:
CHelper.GetCaseAccessUsers(idCase): Returns the list of users who have access to a case.
CHelper.ClearCaseAccess(idCase): Removes the visibility of all users associated with this case, returns true if it works correctly and false if it fails.
CHelper.ClearCaseAccess(idCases): Removes the visibility of all users associated with the cases in the list.
New options for Full and Partial restart service
The run portal now features two new options for restarting the Bizagi Server. The Partial restart cleans the global cache and temporary files and the Full restart performs the same operations plus cleaning form’s cache.
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 support
Validations for user administration fields
When you create users from the Work Portal administration option, the username, domain and email, have regular expressions that validate that the field does not have unsupported characters.
Automation Anywhere: Callback functionality
Automation Anywhere lets the robots return outputs using a new functionality called callbacks. Bizagi now can interact with this new type of robots along with all your queues in your control room.
SAP out-of-the-box connector available for cloud-based services
The out-of-the-box SAP connector now can be used in our cloud-based services including Studio Collaboration Service enterprise subscription, and Automation Service.
New validations in virtualization and replication configuration
When configuring virtualization or replication, Bizagi validates the external database with additional validations. For example, avoiding reserved words, making sure that keys are configured, and making sure that the table exists in the external system. Therefore, the configuration becomes ore reliable for execution.
User permission report
Now the User permission report includes user information. You also can choose if the report shows the disabled users. The authorization for this report is now handled independently from user management authorization.
Mandatory field when creating a trigger
It is mandatory to set a value in the field Condition rule. Now, when creating a trigger, the application throws an alert message if the Condition rule field has no option selected. Until now, it was not mandatory.
Automatic rule validation
Now, when you close the expression editor, the expression validation runs automatically, letting you know if there are any issues in the entered code. Before this version, the validation was done on demand, when the Validate button was clicked.
Excel connector: new Filter range action
Now, our native Excel connector can filter ranges. You can import a filtered range to a collection in Bizagi and use Excel filtering capabilities to reduce the amount of data that is sent and processed in Bizagi.
Link events error validations
According to the BPMN 2.0 regarding link events, the following error validation messages have been added:
- There should be only one Catch link event with the same name in a process.
- There should be a Throw Link event with the name “Link event name” in the same process
Live Processes improvements
- You can now access Live Process Report from the Queries tab in the Work Portal. We have added new filters, it is easier to add user groups to the report and we have improved the user interface.
- It is now possible to allocate users in a Live Process selecting from the controls that are related to a user created in the process’ data model. Until now, only fixed users were available.
Mobile app improvements
- Offline capability has been improved by splitting the synchronization procedure in two steps. The first step is an upload procedure in which, the app is blocked while the created cases are uploaded to the server. Then, there is a download procedure in which the forms and processes to be used offline are downloaded to the device. When finished, users can work in the app normally.
- Editable table inline editing is supported for tablets. Now an automatic add form is generated for inline adding on mobile devices. For more information, visit Considerations for mobile devices.
- Now, Bizagi Mobile App can be delivered using Microsoft Intune, allowing the use of device management, including settings, features, and security.
Studio Collaboration Services improvements
- Improvements have been made when you upload large projects from On-premises to SCS. Also, you can sign-in to your subscription after you open Bizagi Studio.
- As soon as a Trial in SCS ends, the entire project is deleted. No metadata is kept.
- Now, users can share processes from Studio Collaboration Services projects using the Share Processes button on the Export/Import tab either to On-Premises or other SCS projects.
- Now, when selecting the Run Workflow button on the Home tab of Bizagi Modeler’s Ribbon it is possible to import processes to Studio Collaboration Services projects through a new Wizard. Until now, it was only possible to import them to Bizagi Studio On-premises.
- Administrator users now have restricted access to the processes that they can copy or revoke case permissions. The table to manage permissions now displays only the workflows where the logged in user has explicit permissions over. Until now, the copying or revoking of permissions didn’t take into account the logged user’s access permissions.
- When working with nested forms you can now work on the child form without blocking the parent form.
- Now, after executing a Refresh in Actions and Validations, Bizagi evaluates if there is an action related with the controls to be refreshed. If so, the actions of these controls are executed again to guarantee the control’s expected behavior. In previous versions, Refresh command overwrote the actions where controls changed their appearance.
- The CHelper functions:
CHelper.GrantCaseAccessToUsershave been improved to get a better performance when invoking them.
- Security improvements.
Due to security improvements, some widget versions are no longer compatible with Bizagi 11.2.4. If you are using any of these widgets, make sure you install and deploy the following version:
- PDF Attachment Viewer version 2.1
- Image Zoom version 2.1
- Image Gallery version 2.1
- Gif Player version 2.0
- Now stakeholders are deployed independently depending on whether they have dependencies on a process being deployed or are manually selected. Previously any change in stakeholder configuration deployed all the stakeholders’ metadata.
- When a delegated user clicks on the Take ownership button, the case is automatically allocated to said delegated user. If the user releases the activity, allocation rules are all executed again. Until now, the delegated user was not able to Take ownership of a case.
- There were inconsistencies using the multilanguage configuration Excel.
- The parameters for LDAP synchronization with Oracle Internet Directory were wrongfully set and limited the number of users to sync.
- You can now select filtered collections from Actions & Validations.
- Our exclusive check control in grids works properly.
- Query form column names were not displayed correctly, and the current user column appeared twice. We fixed these issues.
- Issues receiving message events were fixed.
- Case ID’s were displayed as case numbers in the Me Menu.
- A new method was added to keep the order in which all lists (collections) are returned by an external system. With this new method, Bizagi will persist the list in the same order that was returned originally from the external system. For information, visit how to revert this behavior.
- A combination of keys has been created to enable the scenario of having Studio installed with a proxy configuration for authentication. This configuration was not supported. For more information refer to authenticate in Studio with a proxy.
- A new property is used to specify the proxy in config.properties for REST connectors. For more information, visit proxy configuration for connectors.